AT&T BrightDiagnostics SDK
Applications that collect precise and real-time location data can provide insights and features that help improve the user experience. For example, a user shopping for a vehicle is shown an offer from a competing auto manufacturer's dealership - across the street from the dealership she's currently visiting.
The BrightDiagnostics SDK makes it easier for AT&T and partner application developers to collect location and other diagnostic information. BrightDiagnostics can be quickly integrated so that developers can focus on monetizing their application, and not worry about performance and the other issues inherent in building the functionality themselves.
What it Does
- Serves as a common data sourcing solution from applications owned by AT&T and its partners
- Provides voluminous and precise location data to AT&T and its partners
- Enables developers to focus on monetizing their applications instead of spending time and resources implementing data collection
Leverage a widely-used SDK instead of spending time and resources building a solution from scratch
Developers retain control over what data is collected and when it's collected
Precise location-based data enables developers to engage users and improve their application experience, resulting in higher retention and revenue.
Provide the insights that empower data-driven decisions
BrightDiagnostics collects information such as:
- Location: GPS, reported latitude, longitude, and accuracy
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: SSID, signal strength*, encryption, etc.
- Device and user information: Make and model, OS version, Ad-ID, App-ID, etc.
- Cellular RF Measurements: Signal strength*, RSSI*
- Power: Battery level
- Application: Version, resource and network usage, error(s)
Sample Use Cases
This data can be used for customer care, personalization, and attribution; among other purposes:
Application and device diagnostics
Timely and relevant promotion codes based on a customer's location (e.g. a coupon for a free small coffee is served to a user within 100 meters of a coffee shop)
A user browses the internet at home and is served an ad from an auto manufacturer. The customer later visits a dealership for that auto manufacturer.
The above use cases are illustrative – various data sources and methodologies can be used to accomplish the same objective
Supported Device Operating Systems
The BrightDiagnostics SDK and integration guide is available for:
- Android-compatible devices
- Apple iOS and tvOS