©2017 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved.
AT&T API Platform Pricing FAQs
How do the one million API transactions provided with Premium Access work?
To track your use across our APIs, we use a points-based system. At the start of every monthly billing cycle, your account is topped back up to one million points. We then deduct points based on your API usage. Most API calls cost zero or one points. For information on specific API usage fees see our pricing page.
Do all APIs participate in the one million transaction plan?
No, some APIs calls do not participate in the one million points plan:
- Financial APIs do not use points, but charge a percentage fee based on the revenue you generate through them.
- APIs in beta do not use points, and are free while in beta.
- Specific APIs because of their nature may require volume commitments under separate custom high volume or enterprise agreements. Depending on the details of these custom agreements they may be billed differently.
What exactly happens if I exceed one million points a month?
Once you exceed one million points in a month, you will be charged $20 for each additional unit of 2,000 points, as shown.
|# of API points used in a month||Additional Charge|
Monthly charges are based on a monthly cycle that will align with when you entered your credit card information for charges. For example: if you entered your credit card information on the 15th of the month, your cycle will typically run from the 15th of one month to the next. Holidays, and other factors can cause cycle dates to vary somewhat.
You will receive an email notice for these charges. For accounts set up with multiple developer members, the email will be sent only to the account organization administrator.
You will see charges appear on your credit card account or AT&T business wireless account as they occur.
Note: For developers that use AT&T business wireless billing, the monthly cycle date for point usage will not necessarily align with your wireless billing date.
Points are available for pre-purchase at a discount. If you pre-purchase points they will be added to the one million points at the start of your monthly billing cycle.
If you know you will regularly exceed your monthly quota, contact us and let us know. We'll put you on a plan to benefit from the highest savings possible.
Are all APIs available with Premium Access?
Most APIs are available, but some may have additional requirements such as:
- Finance APIs such as Advertising require banking & tax information to receive funds.
- APIs that are in closed beta may require that you request and be accepted into the closed beta.
- Specific APIs because of their nature may require volume commitments under a separate high volume or enterprise agreement.
You can find out more information for specific APIs by visiting our pricing page and clicking on the API you are interested in.
How much does it cost to use the AT&T API Platform?
Free Basic Access is free. With Free Basic Access developers can:
- Use some of our most popular APIs including Speech, and In App Messaging in a sandbox environment totally free.
- Have a risk free way to get a sense of how the API Platform works and if it will meet their needs.
Premium access costs $99 per year + usage fees. With Premium Access developers can:
- Use most of our APIs in either a sandbox environment or production environment.
- Get 1 million points to use toward transaction usage fees for participating APIs. Most API calls cost zero or one point per call.
- Pay a penny a point per call beyond a million in groups of 2,000 pts. ($20).
- Pre purchase points for even more savings.
- See our pricing page for details on individual API usage fees.
Separate large volume and enterprise plans are also available for developers who have high volume requirements or special needs. Contact us for details.
Which APIs can I access with Free Basic Access?
With Free Basic Access you can use the following AT&T API Platform APIs in a sandbox environment:
- Text To Speech API
- In-App Messaging
- Enhanced WebRTC
In addition you can use the following other APIs and Toolkits:
- AT&T U-verse Enabled APIs
- The AT&T Application Resource Optimizer (ARO)
You can upgrade to Premium Access at any time. Premium access costs $99 a year per organization.
Will the users of my app ever be charged by AT&T when I use AT&T APIs?
Usage of some APIs can result in the AT&T Wireless subscriber seeing charges on his or her AT&T bill.
Sending or receiving messages from a subscriber’s mobile number may result in charges to the AT&T Wireless subscriber’s bill—just as if they had sent these messages from the standard messaging app on their mobile device.
Note that AT&T Wireless subscribers with AT&T plans that include unlimited messaging will not see an additional charge.
Using any API in a way that results in data going over the AT&T wireless network may result in standard data usage charges.
What if I call multiple APIs or have multiple applications, do they each get one million points?
Sorry, no. Your total one million monthly API points include all the APIs calls that use points across all your applications. For accounts set up with multiple developer members, points are shared between all developers associated with the account organization.
How do AT&T Beta APIs work?
When we release Beta APIs, some are open to all members, while others can only be accessed by special request and approval from AT&T.
APIs designated as "Beta" are free and don't count against your one million monthly points as long as they remain in beta.
However, APIs don't stay in beta forever. Once an API exits beta, it will have a point cost and API calls will begin to accrue points.