Using Contexts In the AT&T Speech API
The AT&T Speech API simplifies utilizing speech by providing a variety of contexts (pre-formulated grammar and search pairings) for you to incorporate into your application. This eliminates your need to develop and tune your own grammars.
One of the first decisions you will need to make is deciding which context is most appropriate for your application:
- Business Search
- Web Search
- Voicemail to text
- Question & Answer
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Search
Here are some further details to help you decide which context might be right for your application:
- Business Search is tuned to recognize proper names of businesses.
- Question & Answer is tuned to recognize key question terms (what, where, when, how) in order to facilitate better answer matching.
- The Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Search is tuned to terms associated with TV programming and remote control commands.
- The Generic context is the best choice for general conversation, general dictation, out-of-context word usage; if none of the more specialized libraries seem to fit, give this one a try.