Tips to Get Your App Noticed
You’ve developed the killer app, now we’re here to help you get it noticed!
At the AT&T Developer Summit, Quyen Quach, Director of Consumer Apps and Games, and Larry Short, Lead Content Marketing Manager at AT&T Mobility gave their tips on getting your app noticed. The presentation slides are available on the AT&T Developer Program site.
Here are a few tips they shared. Check out this and other presentations on the AT&T Developer Summit page for a lot more information.
Understanding your customer:
- 37% of App Downloaders are age 35-54
- 37-39% of Game Downloaders are age 25-34
- 30% of Mobile App users are College Students, up from 25% in 2010
How customers look for apps
- 55% of consumers discover new content via Word of Mouth
- 47% of customers discover new games by browsing their cell phone.
- The amount of purchases from searching (vs. browsing) are up significantly
- Ease of downloading and memory used by the app are key factors to customers
Leveraging social to drive app awareness
- PlayPhone Drives Game Discovery, Friend Referrals, and AT&T Direct Billing
- AT&T works with GREE, OpenFeint, mgmoco:), Mobage, and PlayPhone.
AT&T tools and channels to drive app discovery
- The AT&T Application Publishing System makes it easy to centralize content ingest, merchandising, and publishing.
- Go to http://developer.att.com/featuremyapp to find out more.