This Weekend: Miami AT&T Mobile App Hackathon with Apigee
Have an app idea or need an app built for your business?
This weekend’s AT&T Mobile App Hackathon in Miami is being produced by the AT&T Developer Program and Apigee. Attendees (technical and nontechnical) will build apps/mobile apps, get fed, compete for prizes across different categories, and, most importantly, meet new people and scout for teammates to work on new or current projects. Our hackathon will introduce the latest cutting-edge tools to help deploy your own app with a website backend, fully hosted in the cloud.
The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge:
- Most Valuable App to Volvo Ocean Race
- 1st Place – Win the ultimate sailing experience. For the team that makes the best future race experience application, one spot on one of the world’s fastest yachts during the Miami Pro-AM race, Friday May 18. Want to know what that feels like? Here’s a taste:
- Best Hackathon Overall App
- 1st Place – $500 in Gift Cards for the team and one (1) year of the “Small” service from Github for each team member
- 2nd Place – $300 in Gift Cards for the team and one (1) year of the “Micro” service from Github for each team member
- 3rd Place – $200 in Gift Cards for the team and six (6) months of “Micro” service from Github for each team member
- Best App using mHealth APIs
- 1st Place – $250 VISA Gift Card for each team member (Max 5)
- Best App using AT&T APIs
- 1st Place -Sierra Wireless 4G Elevate Devices for each team member (Max 3) with 1 month free service (1GB max)
- Best AT&T API integration into an existing App
- 1st place – $1,000 VISA Gift Card
- Best New App or Current App implementing Telenav APIs
- 1st place – $200 VISA Gift Card for each team member (Max 5)
- Best App using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 1st Place – $1,500 total in AWS credit
Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight – Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight – Originality of idea
- 33% Weight – Technically challenging implementation
Interested in attending a Mobile App Hackathon? Check our event page for a full list of upcoming events.
Want to suggest a location for a hackathon or have a question about an upcoming event? Sign in and drop it in the comments section below.