The Future of Mobile – As described by Henry Blodget, CEO, Business Insider
Fresh off the internet presses, here is a link to a new deck by Henry Blodget that shows some great numbers for the mobile industry: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-future-of-mobile-deck-2012-3#-43
A quick summary of the key take aways:
- The number of smartphones sold exceeded the number of PCs sold
- In a few years, the number of mobile devices will DWARF the number of PCs
- Tablets alone should pass PC sales in 2-3 years
- Paypal’s mobile payments are growing rapidly
- Square launched about a year ago, and it’s already processing $10+ milllion a day
An interesting slide is #43: It took AOL 9 years to get to 1 million users, it took Facebook 9 months, and it took “Draw Something” 9 days. Wow.
Want to find out more about platform fragmentation, where the money is at and the developer platform of choice? Link to the deck: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-future-of-mobile-deck-2012-3#-43
For comparison, here is another article that talks about platform market share.