APIDaily is a new site dedicated to helping developers discover APIs and tools developed by AT&T. Maria Mercado, the fictional owner and editor of APIDaily, provides the latest app development news and trends.
The Developer Tools page will help you find useful resources and tools for developing your next app. You’ll also find beta programs to help you get your foot in the door, virtual lab access, and valuable go-to-market advice.
If you’re looking to meet other developers and work on some awesome projects, visit our Hackathon page to find upcoming events in your area. Our Hackathons will introduce you to the latest cutting edge tools to help you deploy apps and showcase your skills. Some Hackathons include intense challenges where you’ll have a chance to win cash and prizes. If you’re lucky, we might even feed you while you’re there!
Our next Mobile App Hackathon is taking place at SXSW this Friday (3/9) at 6PM. We’ll have a comic mobile app track and a mHealth API mobile app track. Special celebrity guest, Chicago Bears 7-time Pro-Bowl LB Lance Briggs, will be on-site as a celebrity judge. Competitors will be given 24 short hours to knock out mind-blowing designs by taking the concept and transforming it into an awe inspiring design. We’ve got over $46k in cash and prizes to give away including HTC Jetstream tablets and Sierra Wireless 4G Elevate devices.
If you like comics and need a break from the business end of your work, check out Developer Man. This light, fun comic tackles a serious issue in mobile application development by conquering over the Black Hats’ plan to exploit mobile applications security vulnerabilities. How will Developer Man be needed next to fight mobile device vulnerabilities? Will Kevin not eat something within his SNACK-TOR BEAM? You’ll have to read the comic to find out.
Not yet a member of the AT&T Developer Program member? Join the AT&T Developer Program and you’ll enjoy exclusive access to a depth and breadth of content that virtually assures success in developing and launching your app.
- Build HTML5 and native apps using APIs exposed in the AT&T API Platform, with SDKs, development tools, documentation, and analytics to support you. (Additional charge.)
- A comprehensive device database, engineered for easy browsing with links to the information you need to make critical decisions.
- A broad library of white papers, including the popular Enterprise Reference Library.
- Webcasts and tools to help you get started on a project or troubleshoot specific problems in the process.
- Developer alerts, network API guides, and user interface design principles — all designed to help your app to succeed.
Please let us know what you think of APIDaily and Developer Man in the comments section below.