Google Code Jam Challenge!
So I woke up this morning around 5AM and decided to tackle this coding challenge as a refresher: http://code.google.com/codejam/contest/1460488/dashboard
Note that I took some liberty with my solution as the question set did not specifically ask that the solution read from a file, so I hard coded the text in the dot IN file into my code. When i find some time, I’ll go back and implement a function to read from a text file as it seems like that is what the problem creators wanted since the first line of the text file contains the max translation line count.
Also, I solved the problem using string functions and have included a secondary file for you to use as a template to see if you can solve the challenge using an array based look up table as opposed to string functions. My solution can be found here.
Would love to see other solutions, so please post back!