AT&T U-verse Virtual Hackathon Finalists Announced!
We challenged developers to pitch their concept for a native mobile application (Android or iOS) that leverages our AT&T U-verse® Enabled APIs. The competition was open to new hacks and current mobile applications that have not previously been submitted for integration with the AT&T U-verse Enabled platform.
Our developer community responded with overwhelming interest and over 50 pitches were submitted for our judges to review. The top 10 teams have been selected as finalists and will be seeded with U-verse developer kits to assist them in coding their solutions. What were the top 10 pitches? Check them out below:
● This app will allow sport enthusiasts to choose a game that they will watch with their friends
who have the U-Verse system. The game will have squares defined from 0-9 horizontally and
vertically. People will be able to choose a square containing the number of their choice. At the
end of the game the winner will be announced based on the last digit of the final score of the
winning and losing team. The winning friend will be displayed on the TV and push notification
sent to the users of the mobile app with winners being tracked for bragging rights and possible
● Our app will be a Jeopardy game to play alongside game on TV. The app will display the
winner on the screen from the application at the end of the game. The app will push any chat
conversation between the app users onto the screen overlaying the game if the setting is set for
● Our app will allow you to use your iPhone as a camcorder and display in realtime on your TV.
This app will use the phones camera to record a video then stream this video to a proxy server
which would then be viewed from within a U-verse app.
● If selected I intend to develop a google glass app that interacts, searches, selects channels,
video, and otherwise exposes features of the U-verse system through Google Glass.
● Family Wall, a mobile and web app, is a private family network that helps users organize, share
and communicate with their immediate and extended families. We have the ability to provide
cloud (or integrate with operators cloud provider), messaging, gallery, calendar, tasks, contacts
and location check-in’s.
● FlipEdu for U-verse makes it really easy for teachers to organize educational resources
(especially videos). Our automatic quizzing can be setup to give teacher feedback on
effectiveness of video. This also combats the problem of students avoiding video lectures.
● Our LikeTV mobile app detects the show you are watching on ATT Uverse. Then with a simple
tap, you can instantly Like the show and see the results on live TV! LikeTV is not just for the
entire show, but Like for each moment by moment. See a funny moment on TV RIGHT NOW?
Just tap Like and have your opinion recorded.
● Program Rating based Parental Controls are inadequate for today’s families – our application
shall provide parental control by providing the following features: limit by total hrs/day or
week, limit by time slots (e.g. 6-8PM only), limit by program rating, limit by program titles, limit
by television (Multi TV household), support for multiple kids, track viewership, and reward
healthy viewing (e.g. educational content).
● Our app will use biosensors, an iPhone and AT&T U-Verse API’s to interact with the TV using
mindwaves (e.g. handle the TV using only your thoughts). The app will use remote control
functions and channel tunes capabilities of the AT&T Uverse SDK to allow users to control the
● Our app, Word Up, will be an entertaining and semi educational real time multiplayer or single
player game combining quick thinking in constructing & finding words by picking letters and
arcade style fingertip agility via the accelerometer of their smartphone to guide their on screen
characters around the obstacles to grab alphabetic letters that float around the screen while
attempting to block other players from grabbing their desired letters. Any number of people
(with a smartphone) can play.