Accelerate your IoT development with the AT&T Starter Kit
Are you working on a new Internet of Things (IoT) solution and need to connect devices, sensors, apps, or “things”? The AT&T IoT Starter Kit can help you enable cellular connectivity for your things, which will allow you to access tools to develop, test, deploy, and manage your devices. Get started today with your free kit, available for a limited time offer!
The AT&T IoT Starter Kit is for seasoned developers working on their next Industrial IoT or consumer IoT project along with those who are looking to dip their toes into IoT development for the first time. Many connected things today gain connectivity via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, which can be limiting if there is no available Internet connection. The AT&T IoT Starter Kit was designed to remove those barriers.
Order your Free AT&T IoT Starter Kit today!
We are offering the AT&T IoT Starter Kit to developers, free for a limited time*. On top of AT&T connectivity, the kit provides developers with access to the AT&T Control Center platform, real-time testing tools, and developer support options.
To get your kit for free, order it by May 31, 2016 by visiting the IoT Starter Kit ordering page and enter the promo code ATTDEV16. You should receive your kit promptly. Please note that this offer is available to developers who reside in the United States. We will only ship to U.S. addresses.
What’s Included in the AT&T IoT Starter Kit?
3 Test SIMs with AT&T Connectivity
- 10MB per SIM per month for 6 months
- 30 SMS messages per SIM per month
- Service across the United States
Full Access to AT&T Control Center
- Complete suite of developer tools
- User logins for everyone on your team
- Same environment for testing and deployment
Real-time Testing Tools
- Test-as-you-build for fast, quality development
- Visibility into device and network behavior
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting help
Exceptional Developer Support
- Developer guidelines
- Access to m2m.com forum
- Access to APIs
Additional Services to Accelerate Your IoT Development Efforts
After you’ve ordered your free AT&T Starter Kit, you’ll need to connect and configure your device(s). With AT&T Control Center, you’ll have access to tools that enable you to set up your initial devices, as well as a broader suite of functionality including device management, logistics, inventory management, an automation engine, real-time diagnostics, and reporting tools.
To get started using AT&T Control Center:
- Login to AT&T Control Center and enter the username and password that you established when you ordered you’re AT&T IoT Starter Kit.
- In order to establish a successful data connection when you test your device with these SIMs, please be certain that you set your device “Access Point Name” (APN) to m2m.com.attz.
- Select the SIM you installed in your device from the provided list.
- Power on your device. Wait until it is fully active. It could take up to five minutes to establish your first connection. Do not power cycle the device during this time.
- Click “Start Test.”
For additional assistance, review the Device Development Guidelines documentation.
*IoT Starter Kit free promotional offer valid until 5/31/2016. The kit will be shipped to U.S. addresses only. Data and SMS limits apply. Each SIM is allocated 10MB of data and 30 SMS messages per month. Once limit is reached, service will be blocked until the subsequent month during the six month promotional period.