©2018 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved.
AT&T Mobile App Hackathon – San Francisco Recap
There was a lot of excitement for our recent hackathon in San Francisco with over 140 developers that showed up for the event. The weather was fantastic and so were the 12 applications that developers spent nearly two days furiously coding up.
A big thanks goes out to Stackmob for hosting the event as well as Intel, Kontron, and Sparkfun for providing hardware units to hack on over the weekend!
The developers put in the time and cranked out some excellent mobile applications. The 1st place team developed an app that addressed a core need of anyone that has taken a group road trip between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Team FollowMe produced an app that enabled the drivers to see where the other cars are on the freeway as well as group chat with the other passengers. Best of all, the app was native and demo’d live on Sunday.
For those of you interested, here are links to pictures from the event:
- Hackathon News Coverage
- IBM developerWorks Coverage of the hackathon
Here are all of the teams in no particular order:
- Baller – A multiplayer, multi-device labyrinth-style game that passes a ball from device to device.
- BFF Mate – BFF Mate compiles your Facebook data against another ‘USER’ of your choice to generate recommendations in various categories (Movies, Food, Conversation Topics) that you would BOTH enjoy
- AppDevCup – Gamification of events such as hackathons
- Voicegram – 2nd place general prize, AWS prize – Send brief, unique greetings to family and friends. Twitter is @voicegram
- QR Ball – A platform for merchants to utilize the ball in-store
- Lib Meditation – 3rd place general prize, AT&T SMS prize, Tiggzi 2nd place prize- Liberate the mind through meditation. Application provides meditation music, chimes & chants. Also has wisdom quotes of the day and can be sent to a friend via AT&T SMS API. Architecture is in place for push notification of daily wisdom quotes through the Stackmob push API. Published to Google Play Store. The app is also available via the Google Play Store.
- FollowMe – 1st Place general prize, Stackmob prize- Our app makes road trips more fun! We allow people traveling in multiple cars to navigate using our app. Each user will be able to view and interact with their friends and their location so nobody gets left behind. All cars plot on your map making it easier to follow one another. To makes things fun, we have added group chat between cars so people can communicate about things to see on the way, places to stop, or to just tell you how slow you are driving! When someone finds a Point of Interest and agrees that everyone wants to make a pit stop, one car can change the route for everyone else and presto, everyone’s route is changed!
- Social Jukebox – Tiggzi 3rd place prize- Our application does 2 things for 2 different types of users. 1) DJ — Allows the DJ to setup his ‘Social Jukebox’ by sycning his songs with the database and watch for requests 2) Users (People at the party) — allows them to send request to the DJ
- Bookr – Bookr is a buying and selling mobile platform based on location convenience and price towards University students. Allows textbook exchange without the hassle of shipment, online transactions, and time consumption. Bookr aims to be a cheaper solution for students purchasing and selling textbooks.
- CarbonPrint – Tiggzi 1st place prize – A simple carbon foot print calculator which does more than calculate your carbon footprint just once; it allows users to track their carbon footprint everyday and see the change over a period of time. This lets users consciously track their carbon footprint and truly make a difference. tinyurl.com/carbonprint
- Phoneplace – A Marketplace for phones and phone accessories
- Bid.Me – Bid.Me is an iPhone, Android and web app which enables you to get the best job offers. You can do that by anonymously auctioning yourself – just list your skills, education and past working experience. Recruiters can find your auction in our web app and bid on your auction. Then, you receive the bid in the app and can accept it. Once the bid accepted recruiter and sms notification and an email with your contacts.