8th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo
I am attending the Cloud Computing Expo in NYC. There are a lot of attendees with curiosity and enthusiasm about the technology. Many informative workshops are being offered. They all share these facts:
- Cloud is booming even though it is in an early stage
- The use of cloud alone is not enough. Make sure that cloud is designed with security, reliability, no lock in and scalability
- Cloud is highly scalable with SaaS (Software as a Service); PaaS (Platform as a Service); IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) structure and new “as a service” business models for pricing and provisioning computing solutions.
- Cloud is driven by: cutting costs, improving agility, increasing scale, reliability and leveraging best practices
- Challenges: multi-cloud management, configuration, operation, lock-in, security and standardization
Cloud is a new buzz word that actually refers to shared resources and services in one or several data centers. A lot of companies are offering cloud infrastructures (hardware), platforms, services and business processes. AT&T, IBM, Oracle, Dell, HP, Google, Amazon and many integrators, service providers and application developers are all in the cloud space. They provide public/private/hybrid clouds, hosting, tools and all kinds of services (paradigm shifts, cloud adoption, cloud management, consolidation, choice of clouds and optimization). This is an exciting time for cloud computing and services. This is the time to show the adaptability of a company to the changing world.