Make the most of AT&T 2017 Developer Summit with the official event app
If you’re like me, the plethora of choices at an industry conference can be confusing and sometimes, even a bit overwhelming. Which sessions do I attend? Where is it being held? When does it start? Most importantly, where is lunch being served and when? To help you make the most of your time at 2017 AT&T Developer Summit, we’ve put together an event app for your Android or iOS smartphone.
Don’t Wait for the Event to Start, Use the Mobile App Now
Like last year, we’ve made the event app useful “right out-of-the-box” by giving you that ability to make the most of the information available without a login. After you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll have the option to login to access advanced features (more on this later) or if you don’t remember your AT&T Developer login and password, you can skip this step and get right to the good stuff. Here’s an overview of the app’s features:
- Home Page. This is what you’ll see when you first open the event app on your phone. The home page (see image) provides easy access to frequently needed information such as your favorites, voting for the finalists in the three different competitions, the entertainment and the track sessions. There’s also a drop down menu where most information can be accessed as well.
- Speakers, Schedules, Exhibitors and Fun. As you would expect, you’ll see the schedule of sessions, an alphabetical list of exhibitors and speakers, and all the networking and social events such as the Pub Crawl, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s talk and when the Blink-182 show powered by iHeartRadio starts. Most importantly, you can also find out where and when the prize promotions and meals are happening.
- Everything is Linked Including Maps. Checking out a speaker and want to know what other sessions where they’re speaking? Looking at a session overview and want to see a map of where the room’s location? No worries. Fortunately, everything’s linked so it’s just a click away.
- Favorites and Custom Schedules. You can easily create a custom schedule or be reminded of sessions you want to attend? Just ‘Favorite’ them (see image) and you can elect to have sessions added to your calendar – reminders and all.
- Notifications of Key Events. We’ve highlighted some key events to ensure you won’t miss them. Want a good seat for Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s talk? Worried about turning in your Passport Challenge in time to qualify for the prize drawings? Want to vote for your favorite short file finalist or VR/AR app? Not a problem. We’ve already scheduled notifications to appear in the app throughout the day so you won’t miss the best of Summit.
- All Things Social. If want to follow Summit on Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube, we’ve created convenient links to those channels as well.
Advanced App Features
There are several advanced features to help you get even more out of Summit, but they require a login. Just use the same login information that you did to register for the conference. Typically, this is your AT&T Developer Program login. If you don’t remember your login, you can reset it.
- Attendees List. Want to know who else is attending Summit? After you login, you can access an attendee list from the drop down list. There are thousands of attendees registered so use the search option if you’re looking for someone in particular. Only attendees who opt-in to be on the attendee list can see it. If you didn’t opt-in when you registered, you can change that setting in your profile. Note: It may take up to ten minutes for your changes to propagate so be patient.
- Messaging Other Attendees. You can network with other attendees via app-to-app messaging or email. Once you find an attendee on the list who you’d like to connect with, you can message them or email them. Messaging works if they have installed the app and are logged in, but the app doesn’t need to be installed to use email option. If you’re concerned about privacy or sharing your email, the emails are sent through a central server so they won’t see your email address.
If you have any troubles with the app while attending the Developer Summit, be sure to drop by the Event App Help Desk in Addison. Friendly staff will be available to assist with any questions you might have.
Download the App Today
Enough about what’s in the app, as you can see it has a ton of useful information. Download the app today and start planning how you’ll make the most of your Summit experience.
Links for iOS and Android can be found at http://devsummit.att.com/app.